• Последний ответ

Лучшие авторы в этой теме

Лучшие авторы в этой теме

Опубликованные изображения

Hello!

To Your site I set passing. Here: http://www.zayvesta.ru/link.html

c19bb023814925496ceae09c1615d736.gif

Thank you very much Людмила!

We took to mating our dog,Duna I hope that it will be successful and we will have pups again :D

We took to mating our dog,Duna I hope that it will be successful and we will have pups again

It is a good new! We will wait Your little dogs!

5962bb18d0aff8d7b1a22b492ef7b499.gif

We took to mating our dog,Duna I hope that it will be successful and we will have pups again

I wait so much the little pups,I want to keep one female.I will take her on end of Februar to ultrasound.

Regards!

Она повязала своих собак, и хочет оставить себе суку из под Дюны и поведет ее на ультразвук в конце февраля, чтобы выяснить что вязка была успешной.

• 2 weeks спустя...

Hello!

I have found this intresting text on the internet:

LIVESTOCK GUARDING DOGS PROTECT DOMESTIC SHEEP

FROM COYOTE PREDATION IN KANSAS

William F. Andeit, Department of Fishery and Wildlife Biology, Colorado State University, Fort

Collies, CO 80523

Abstract: Sheep (Ovis cries/ producers were surveyed in Kansas to determine the efficacy of livestock

guarding dogs (Canis familiaris) for protecting sheep from coyote (Canis latrans) predation. The

majority of producers rated their guard dogs' predator control performance as good or excellent,

indicating. that the dogs reduced their reliance on other control methods and substantially reduced

monetary losses.

Introduction

Livestock guarding dogs have been used in the United States since the early 1970's to protect sheep

from coyote predation. Most guard dogs are large, weighing from 75 to over 100 lbs., and are over 25

inches tall at the shoulders. Most guard dogs were selectively bred in Europe and Asia to protect

livestock from predators.

The effectiveness of guard dogs for reducing coyote predation on domestic sheep recently has been

evaluated by Linhart et al. (1979), McGrew and Blakesley (1982), Pfeifer and Goos (198Z), Coppinger

et al. (I983), Green et al. (1984), and Black and Green (I985). This study was conducted to evaluate the

efficacy of guard dogs for protecting sheep from coyote predation under fenced grazing conditions in

Kansas.

I thank 1.5. Green for providing a guard dog survey which was modified for the current study.

Methods

County extension agents in Kansas were contacted to obtain names of producers using guard dogs

for protecting sheep from predators. Producers using guard dogs were then mailed a questionnaire in

1984 to evaluate costs, benefits, effectiveness, problems, and general satisfaction with guard dogs.

Results and Discussion

Surveys were mailed to 33 producers identified as using guard dogs to protect sheep in Kansas.

Responses were received from ZZ producers of which 19 used guard dogs to protect sheep. Sixteen

producers used Great Pyrenees, 3 used Komondorok, and 1 producer also used a Shar

Planinetz-Anatolian cross to guard sheep.

The purchase price of pups and adults averaged $240 and $690, respectively, and shipping costs

averaged $26 per dog in Kansas. The cost of pups in Kansas was less than the averages of $331 and

$458 (depending on breed) reported by Green et al. (1984). Maintenance costs (food, veterinary care,

miscellaneous) averaged $250 per dog annually in Kansas whereas Green et al. (1984) reported annual

maintenance costs (excluding mileage) of $235 per dog. Producers in Kansas averaged 6 miles and 5

hours per month in order to train,

feed, move, and retrieve each dog.

Most producers reported few or no problems between guard dogs and familiar farm dogs, but 16 of

17 producers reported adult guard dogs responded to strange dogs by attacking, chasing or alerting the

owner of the dog's presence. Two of 3 owners of Komondorok and 2 of 13 owners of Great Pyrenees

reported that their dogs had been aggressive toward humans. Green and Woodruff (1980) reported that

78% of the owners of Komondorok and 2296 of the owners of Great Pyrenees rated their dogs as

aggressive to strange people. Most producers in Kansas reported that their puppies were playful with

sheep, and only 1 producer reported 4 sheep which were injured by a guard dog. All producers exposed

their pups to sheep prior to 6 months of age.

Sixteen of 17 producers rated their guard dogs' predator control performances as good or excellent

while 15 reported the dogs reduced their reliance upon other forms of predator control Coppinger et al.

(1983) reported that 6396 of the cooperators surveyed indicated guard dogs reduced predatory attacks.

Green et al. (1984) surveyed 45 producers owning 137 dogs of which 109 (8096) were reported to be

effective guardians. Pfeifer and Goos (1982) surveyed 36 guard dog owners and reported guard dogs

reduced predation by 9396 in North Dakota,. Twelve of 17 producers in Kansas reported that their

guard dogs assisted with predator control activities by locating and alerting the producer to the presence

of predators. Sixteen of 17 producers reported a greater peace of mind knowing that a dog was

protecting their flock. Other reported advantages of guard dogs included companionship, no fuel or

machinery thefts, longer grazing periods, and family protection.

Twelve of the Kansas producers collectively estimated that their 24 guard dogs saved a total of

$27,000 in sheep losses to predators annually (range = $600 - $7,200 per producer); the other producers

were unable to estimate reductions in predation because. they either purchased their sheep and guard

dogs simultaneously or owned young, inexperienced pups. Similarly, in a survey of 40 ranchers, Green

et al. (1984) reported guard dogs annually saved an average of 68 sheep or goats per producer, valued at

as average of $3,836.

I recognize some of the biases of this survey for evaluating the effectiveness of guard dogs for

protecting sheep from predation. Most (18 of 19) respondents were using guard dogs when surveyed;

current owners may have had better success with guard dogs than past owners, thus exaggerating the

positive results. However, numerous contacts with county agents and producers indicated few producers

quit using guard dogs. Thus, I believe this survey was a relatively accurate assessment of owners'

perceptions of guard dogs. The data obtained in this study and reported elsewhere indicate that guard

dogs are an important addition to our techniques for reducing predation on sheep.

"Shepherds around Vrsac Mountains have no choice.Their herd is under attack.Wolves have no more choice,sharp winter makes them find easier prey-they come down to village.Sheep dogs have no choice and theu come in struggle for life or death.This is one ancient story of shepherd man,his dogs and wolves.There's no one exempted-survival is at stake."

Check this http://www.montevideo.co.yu/eprojekti/06/12v.html

Regards,Timea

"Shepherds around Vrsac Mountains have no choice.Their herd is under attack.Wolves have no more choice,sharp winter makes them find easier prey-they come down to village.Sheep dogs have no choice and theu come in struggle for life or death.This is one ancient story of shepherd man,his dogs and wolves.There's no one exempted-survival is at stake."

Check this http://www.montevideo.co.yu/eprojekti/06/12v.html

Regards,Timea

This link does not work for me. :(

This link does not work for me. :(

Not only for you,I saw that film,but they now removed it from their website :angry: You can buy the film of Carpatian wolves on DVD for 12 euro.I am so angry it was on the tv few months ago and I didn't record it.Do you remember?I wrote about it a farm with sheeps and 5-6 komondor guarding dog.

Hello!

We took her today to ultrasound check,she is pregnant I am so happy! :D:D

Now she is in approx.27.day,she was mated 3 times.

Bye

post-685-1172400993_thumb.jpg

We took her today to ultrasound check,she is pregnant I am so happy! :D:D

Now she is in approx.27.day,she was mated 3 times.

Bye

I am very happy!a7a95c014c88ce70d535323f816d53f9.gif

Присоединяйтесь к обсуждению

Вы можете опубликовать сообщение сейчас, а зарегистрироваться позже. Если у вас есть аккаунт, войдите в него для написания от своего имени.

Гость
Ответить в тему...

×   Вставлено в виде отформатированного текста.   Вставить в виде обычного текста

Разрешено не более 75 эмодзи.

×   Ваша ссылка была автоматически встроена.   Отобразить как ссылку

×   Ваш предыдущий контент был восстановлен.   Очистить редактор

×   Вы не можете вставить изображения напрямую. Загрузите или вставьте изображения по ссылке.

Загрузка...

• Создать...